The Diversity in Leadership programme aims to challenge bias, remove obstacles to attaining leadership roles and to use tools to build confidence in aspiring leaders. It is aimed at senior leaders, managers and governors.
The programme will provide the knowledge and confidence to identify and challenge organisational bias and the concepts/behaviours which affect it to ensure that a diverse Further Education (FE) and Training sector workforce is supported at all levels of the organisation, including leadership and management.
Coaching will raise awareness, confidence levels and build leadership capacity to increase the chances of success in securing senior leadership positions.
- Identify and challenge organisational bias and the concepts/behaviours which affect it, such as anchoring and institutional discrimination.
- Progress along the leadership pipeline and to do so without bias against your ethnicity, gender, sexuality and physical ability.
- Drive forward positive action to support the diverse workforce at all levels of leadership and management.
- Create an environment and culture of tolerance, acceptance and celebration of diversity and be a catalyst for change.
The programme includes four strands of activity:
- A series of one-day workshops across England that will address the issue of Unconscious Bias, giving FE leaders the knowledge and tools to overcome it, an important step in enabling those from diverse backgrounds to progress.
- Coaching for BAME leaders and Governors that will support 20 aspiring BAME leaders to achieve a promotion or move into a new role to advance their careers in the sector, and one-to-one coaching for 10 Governors from the BAME community to grow their governance capacity and understanding of the sector to put them in the running for a Chairing role within two years.
- The creation – through consultation with stakeholder bodies across the sector – of an FE Diversity Charter that will help organisations to identify areas of challenge, self-reflection and action so that they can better support diverse staff teams to achieve the career progression they desire and deserve.
- The creation of a Good Practice Guide to support performance management with BAME and diverse staff and the development of tools and resources to support managers, leaders and Governors to challenge and resolve structural bias in their organisations.
Book your place
To find out more, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.