As demands on the further education sector rise, the need for Finance Directors and Chief Finance Officers (CFOs) to step forward has never been so important.
In response to demand and supported by the results of a national survey of Finance Directors, the ETF co-developed a Department for Education funded programme with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW).
This programme, delivered by the ICAEW, is designed to support CFOs to become more effective strategic business partners within their organisations and to work better with their CEO or Principal to drive strategy forward.
The key areas that the programme aims to support CFOs in is
- leading change
- business partnering and strategic leaderships
- building relationships developing influencing skills.
The blended learning programme which includes e-learning, a residential and an extended period of coaching, will ensure CFOs have the knowledge and confidence to:
- manage transformation and leading effective change initiatives within their organisation
- generate profitable growth for their institution by thinking strategically at scale
- build a forward-looking, sustainable and resilient finance function
- develop a commercial outlook with an in depth understanding of the FE business and college context
- support effective and balanced business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- become a strategic partner who provides direction, support and commercial insight
- challenge and influence the CEO and other senior stakeholders - verbally and non-verbally.
There is a CFO Programme alumni group (organised via Linked In) that those on the Programme are able to join after completion.
Book your place
To find out more, please contact Jo Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org
From the first four cohorts:
- 100% agreed that the CFO programme exceeded their expectations
- 100% said they would recommend this CFO programme to others
- 4.7/5 was the overall satisfaction rate of the CFO residential programme
- 4.8/5 had overall workshop satisfaction with an alumni event.