The Education and Training Foundation has produced a one-day course designed to give training on unconscious bias and further strategies to support wider diversity within FE governance. The workshops are designed to provide a safe space for reflection and give attendees an opportunity to plan fresh approaches to embed at colleges. The courses are to be delivered by the Association of Colleges.
The course will give attendees the knowledge and confidence to:
- gain a first-hand experiential understanding of unconscious bias
- gain awareness of the inner workings of the brain, which leads to everyday biased decision-making
- gain an understanding of the practical steps to take toward better and bias-free decision-making processes
- recognise potential blind spot hot spots in key FE executive functionalities
- recognise and manage unconscious bias in the workplace
- empower participants knowledge of managing their own and others blind spots.
The ‘Beyond the Blind Spots’ course is offered free to colleges who can commit a senior manager, a HR specialist and a governor to the workshops in order to gain an understanding of the united, practical steps to take within their college.
There are no current dates planned but organisations can also apply for the course to be run in-house. Please contact Apinder.Sidhu@etfoundation.co.uk